[Xen-users] reboot on booting xen-unstable

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Rolu <rolu@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 15:15:04 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 13:16:41 +0000

I've compiled Xen unstable from source and tried using it. When
booting I do see Xen starting, but at the point where I normally start
getting the dom0 kernel messages I just get a black screen for a few
seconds, and then the machine reboots. It leaves no messages or log
files, of course.

revision I compiled: 25459
OS: ubuntu 12.04
dom0 kernel 3.2.0-24 (also tried -23), from the repositories. This
kernel works with Xen 4.1 from the repositories.

I had to apply the patch from
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2012-02/msg03460.html to
get it to compile. Could this have broken something?

Is there a way to have it display some log messages instead of rebooting?

Any idea how to get it to work?

If anyone else here is successfully using a recent revision, can you
tell me which one, so I can try it too?