Re: [Xen-users] The future of para-virtualization

2012/6/9 Niu Xinli <niuxinli1989@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi,
>     Para-virtualization outperforms full-virtualization at the cost of
> compatibility. But as hardware grows more friendly to virtualization, the
> advantage of para-virtualization has become not so obvious. Instead, the
> disadvantage has been amplified.  Personally I don't see a future for
> para-virtualization. Maybe para-virtualization still has an attraction to
> small companies who want to build virtualized computing environment with
> low-price or outdated devices. But I want to know the future trend of
> para-virtualization. Will it come to an end in the near future?
>
> Best Regards,
> Xinli

Hello
     The Paravirtualization not going to die, is a very optimal
virtualization solution.
     If you think about hardware Virtalizacion trying to do what makes
paravirtualization. (same concept realized by hardware).
     Besides the I/O driver paravirtualiacion this in hardware
virtualization. (Why you think it is)
    That is, if you like performance of native hardware, reduce
layers, that makes paravirtualization.
    There are many ways to use paravirtualization.