Re: [Xen-users] About 10GE performane on domU (with xen3.4.4)

I think for Xen 3.4 you should get in touch with SolarFlare sales.
They make Xen ready NICs for a long time and maybe they can help you
through it if you get one of the NICs.

The cool side is those nics are also the fastest nics on the market.

The starting point for using SR-IOV is the Xen option
iommu=1

There is also one more if you have an AMD CPU.

The bottleneck you're seeing is partially in the Linux bridge. I mean.
It's a bridge. Like in those "hubs" we ditched in 1998. What else is
there to say.
Using OpenVSwitch is the second best solution over getting a better NIC.
It will never be the same though and you just replace the hardware
price with a few dozen work-hours to add openvswitch to Centos5 :))

Florian

2012/6/11 Felix Chu <felixchu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks your info. I have read this doc and tried some of the optimization on
> it, but not much significant improvement. About "SR-IOV" , I am not sure how
> to enable it as this doc is for Xen 4 while I am using xen3.4.4 (there is no
> "xe" command"). I also searched about "SR-IOV on Xen3", seems not much info
> can be found, anyway tried? Thanks.
>

> Felix

the purpose of libvirt is to provide an abstraction layer hiding all
xen features added since 2006 until they were finally understood and
copied by the kvm devs.