Re: [Xen-users] Online resizing disk Windows Dom U

Hi,

online resize of a mapped disk has never worked in Xen3.
I think there used to be a xm vbd-resize back on Xen2, but that 's so
long ago that I'm not even sure.

It's not currently possible, period.

You'll be better off mapping new disks (that works on-line) and using
dynamic disks on the windows side, so you can do the extension in
Windows Logical disk manager.

Sorry about the bad news,
Flo

2012/6/16 Matthieu Lejeune <matthieu.lejeune@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi,
>
> We have some problems with Xen 4.0.1 and resinzing of lvm volumes.
>
> When I resize a lvm volume with "lvresize -L+50G -n /dev/data/windows-data"
> the Windows Dom U don't scan the new size of the lvm volume.
> The only way to see the extend is to halt and create the DomU
>
> We have try with sign and unsigned drivers gplpv, with Windows 2008 and
> Windows 2003 server :
> http://apt.univention.de/download/addons/gplpv-drivers/
>
> I have try one time with XCP and it's look ok.
> Any idea to do the online resizing without reboot ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Matthieu Lejeune

the purpose of libvirt is to provide an abstraction layer hiding all
xen features added since 2006 until they were finally understood and
copied by the kvm devs.