Re: [Xen-users] Online resizing disk Windows Dom U

> Hi,
>
> We have some problems with Xen 4.0.1 and resinzing of lvm volumes.
>
> When I resize a lvm volume with "lvresize -L+50G -n /dev/data/windows-
> data" the Windows Dom U don't scan the new size of the lvm volume.
> The only way to see the extend is to halt and create the DomU
>
> We have try with sign and unsigned drivers gplpv, with Windows 2008 and
> Windows 2003 server :
> http://apt.univention.de/download/addons/gplpv-drivers/
>
> I have try one time with XCP and it's look ok.
> Any idea to do the online resizing without reboot ?

I have never implemented a way for GPLPV to tell windows about the new volume
size. From the looks of the linux backend code this is achieved by blkback
writing the new sectors value then re-writing the status (causing a notify
event in domu). DomU then re-reads the sectors and notices that they have
changed. Then I'd need to tell Windows to rescan the volumes (or maybe there is
a specific API... I've never checked). This might be possible under 2008 and
newer with storport drivers, but difficult under 2003 due to limitations of
scsiport.

Anyway, you aren't doing anything wrong, it just isn't implemented.

James