Re: [Xen-users] Forking time in Xen

On Sat, 2012-06-16 at 23:37 +0200, Florian Heigl wrote:
> Hey Sergey,
>
> interesting read!!!!
>
> 2012/6/16 Sergey Zhukov <svg@xxxxxx>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I found an article about forking time for redis NoSQL database in
> > different systems:
> >
> > http://redis.io/topics/latency
> > ---------Quote------------------
> > Fork time in different systems
> > Modern hardware is pretty fast to copy the page table, but Xen is not.
> > The problem with Xen is not virtualization-specific, but Xen-specific.
>
> Maybe thats one of the reasons why Xen constantly looks slow in "unixbench".
>
> I don't know the reasons. Would you mind re-testing this with
> vcpu-pinning the VM?

I think I can re-test with other vcpu pinning, currently I've got one
vcpu in DomU with the mapping:
VCPU: 0
Pinning: 0,1,2,3

Which one pinning should be tested?

> And how about asking on xen-devel?

Do you think the topic is more suitable for devel mail list? I've never
posted there before, because I thought it's more related to the patches,
code submissions etc...

Sergey Zhukov