Re: [Xen-users] xen multi remote desktops

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 11:40:44 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 16:41:45 +0000

Hello.

El 22/06/12 11:15, jacek burghardt escribió:
I just installed xen on my dell 860 server and I wan to run four
instances of server 2008 and I only have one ip address. Is there
proxy that will let remote users connect to remote desktops.

I'm afraid this is a clear offtopic, the issue is far from being xen-specific.

Googling on keywords "remote desktop load balancer" will certainly throw you usable results. "proxy" instead of "load balancer" would be too generic, the functionality you are requesting has more to do with load balancing than with a generic proxy.

You also can use a NAT frontend and forward ports to different backend servers, based on source IP using iptables rules. Still, not xen-specific.

As last resourt, you may set up a internal network with private addressing, and let your users in via some VPN, letting them to choose form the client side, what RDP server they want to talk to.

By the way, maybe it would be easer to request more IP addresses or move to IPv6.

With best wishes.

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov