Re: [Xen-users] VT-d CPU resources

Hi,

I've never been successful with VT-d-style pci delegation,
but I read devices behind pci bridges could not be allocated to
different VMs in earlier times.

Make sure this is supposed to work before you tackle the harder issues.

2012/6/22 amiard brice <perso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hello
>

> I'm working on XEN since one month now.
>

> I want create four domU with 2 PCI device per dom.
>
> I've bought a backplane with 3 bridges PCIe 1x to PCI and 4 PCI directly
> connected to the PCH (Q67).
>
> (Moreover PCI card (ethernet card) are composed with a PCI bridge)
>

> I've succefuly created 4 domU with bakend devices, with option
> "pci-backend-strict-check" disable.
>
> I’ve try with it but even if all PCI ports behind PCIe to PCI bridge appears
> in  pci-list-assignable-devices, domU won’t start, with an error message
> "device XX:XX.X need to be co-assigned with XX:XX.X, but it's not owned by
> pci-backend
>

> The probleme is :  even if my domU are configuer with 1 VCPUs for each of
> them, when domU acces to I/O devices, VCPUs aren't separated (I've notice
> this using virt-manager charts). During a basic CPU benchmark on a domU,
> VCPUs are isolated.
>

> I Have attached "lspci-v", "xm dmesg", "xm pci-list-assignable-devices",
> "default-grub", "xm info" and a “domU cfg file”
>

> A share core is very problematic my RT application
>

> thank you for your help in advance

the purpose of libvirt is to provide an abstraction layer hiding all
xen features added since 2006 until they were finally understood and
copied by the kvm devs.