[Xen-users] XVA.PY Trouble

I'm attempting to convert a CentOs 5.6 x64 machine from Xen (Open Source) to
Citrix XenServer and I am having some trouble towards the final stages. I
need to take the .XVA created by XVA.PY and use XenConvert to manipulate
this into another file format (OVF).

Here's the process I use:

1. Poweroff the VM

2. Create a new disk in 3 times the size of the primary

3. Sign in to root and verify the new disk shows up via fdisk -l

4. Mount the new disk to a temporary location via mount /dev/sda3 /backup

5. create a disk image of the primary drive and write it to the mounted
location /backup
dd if=/dev/sda1 of=/backup/backup.img

6. navigate to /backup and download the xva.py utility
wget http://www.xen.org/files/xva/xva.py

7. modify xva.py so you can execute it chmod 777 xva.py

8. temp. mount the .img file created in step 5.
mkdir /mnt/tmp
mount -o loop backup.img /mnt/tmp

9. Edit the /mnt/tmp/boot/grub/grub.conf (menu.lst) file
to reference /dev/xvda, i.e. root=/dev/xvda instead of root=/dev/sda1.

10. Edit /mnt/tmp/etc/fstab to reference /dev/xvda instead of /dev/sda1
(this also had a 2GB swap disk, removed this)

11. unmount the temporary volume via umount /mnt/tmp

12. generate the XVA file
./xva.py -n centos --is-pv --disk backup.img --filename=backupcent.xva

I try to take this .XVA file and import it directly in to XenCenter and it
says "This file could not be imported" I try to convert the .XVA into an OVF
and it says "failed to decode tar header record"

The only thing I can think of is I had 3 disks attached to this VM, 5 GB
Primary (sda1) 4GB Swap disk (sda2) and a 25 GB disk (sda3)

Maybe my /mnt/tmp/etc/fstab file needs to be modified to take into
consideration these 3 disks? Initially, I deleted the other two from this
file and only retained the primary sda1 and renamed it to xvda. Do I need to
keep them and rename them to xvdb and xvdc?