Re: [Xen-users] HVM help please

Well, I was still getting the error and finally just let go for the
weekend and came back to it today.  Been doing different testing all
day then the very dim light bulb finally lit and I remembered that I
did find a solution on one of my previous installs. (Yes it's a very
dim light bulb - sorry)  So I am adding my solution here for
prosperity.
It would seem that for some reason with this setup it can't use
vmlinuz files that compressed with bzip2.   Therefore I followed these
instructions :
http://old-list-archives.xen.org/archives/html/xen-users/2010-09/msg00586.html
and now it is working fine.
If anyone wants to know what my testing turned up - I will be more
than happy to share but the link above provides a working solution.
Hope this helps.

Shane

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> El 22/06/12 14:28, Shane Johnson escribió:
>
>> Ok resolved this myself - apparently no update-grub is done after the
>> xen-qemu-dm-4.0 install
>
> That's a reason to check if your installation is ok, normally Debian is very
> careful to trigger everything need to run on a post-install.
>
> Otherwise, a reason for a bug report.
>
> Great thing it was resolved.
>
> --
> Alexandre Kouznetsov