Re: [Xen-users] Virtual address to physical mapping in Stubdomain

Thank you so much Ian. That was the exact file I needed.
Hope this helps others in the future with the same issue.

Regards,

Adrian

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2012-06-26 at 10:04 +0100, Adrian Shaw wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> Firstly I apologise for what may be a fairly simple question, but
> after spending a few days on this I really need the help of an expert.
> I'm developing a stubdomain based on Mini-OS and I'm trying to convert
> the virtual address of a shared memory page to a machine frame number.
> I would have thought this requires an #include <xen/page.h> library,
> but it is not available however.
> I have found instances of page.h in architecture specific directories,
> but I'm not quite sure whether they are meant to be directly used.
> Did it get moved?
> Most other libraries I've used seemed to be easily available with an
> include like <xen/foo.h>.
> If you have any ideas about where I may be having a problem, I'd
> greatly appreciate it.

virtual => physical (or machine) mapping is a function of the guest
(e.g. mini-os in this case) not the hypervisor, so you'd need to be
looking in the mini-os headers not the xen ones.

Have a look in extras/mini-os/include/x86/arch_mm.h -- it very likely
has the function you want.

Ian.