[Xen-users] Fwd: Problems migrating Windows guest from Virtualbox to xen

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: tumik@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 11:23:06 +0300 (EEST)
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 08:38:20 +0000

Hi,

First of all, sorry if I doublepost. I wasn't subscribed first so I'm not sure
if the first post got through.

I am trying to make a script to convert a VirtualBox image to a xen hvm domU
and start it.
My problem now is that the xen domU starts, but hangs at "Booting from hard
disk..."
It's state is r-----, and it is using 100% of one cpu all the time.
When connecting via VNC, I see the following: http://kuvaton.com/k/Yo1L.png

The .vdi image contains a clean Windows 7 installation, and it is working in
VBox.
I have converted the disk image from .vdi to raw image file with "VBoxManage
internalcommands converttoraw image.vdi image.img"
I have also tried to do it with "qemu-img convert -f vdi -O raw image.vdi
image.img" - but had the same results.

The raw image file seems to be OK and I can mount the two partitions in it, by
using the right offset.

I have also tried the same script with a clean Debian Squeeze installation. It
went a bit further, it displayed "Welcome to GRUB!" but hang there.

I have attached the domU config, xend log and qemu-dm log.
Please tell me if there is something else that might be helpful.

What am I possibly doing wrong?

I am running an old version, but I wasn't able to find any related bugs that
have been fixed in more recent versions.
I am running Debian as dom0, and using a Debian packet
xen-hypervisor-3.2.1-amd64 version 3.2.1-2

Thank you,

Mikael Tuomisalo