Re: [Xen-users] Fwd: Problems migrating Windows guest from Virtualbox to xen

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 3:23 PM,  <tumik@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What am I possibly doing wrong?

Simple: you tried to convert a windows guest. Microsoft have gone out
of their way to make SURE you can't transfer windows installation from
one PC/server to another easily. And that affects V2V as well.

The general procedure would usually involve installing the driver for
storage controller of the new system (in this case, xen/qemu's
emulated storage controller) on the old system. I'm not aware of any
steps to do this easily.

Another alternative would be to use sysprep /oobe /generalize on
windows (search Google for details) BEFORE you convert the storage.
IIRC I used this method (last year or so) to convert a windows7
installation on virtualbox to native. YMMV

--
Fajar