Re: [Xen-users] 99% iowait on one core in 8 core processor

Some updates:

- Deactivating CONFIg_HOTPlUG_CPU and suspend to ram in kernel didn'T
change anything.
- I tried to change the smp_affinity to just a single other cpu and
this worked. So basically I was wrong that there is something changing
the settings back constantly but linux is simply discarding every
assignment to more then one cpu (1,2,4, etc works, 3,5,etc is
discarded)

so the problem is that my linux can not assign irqs to multiple cpus.
I think this is also why irqbalance does not make a difference because
it tries the same.

I will check if i can reproduce this behaviour with a stock kernel
without xen or if this is really xen related in the evening. But if
you have any other idea what could cause this, I'm open for
suggestions

@Rajesh can you check with your setup if you have the same case or if
this is a different problem? simply do a 'cat /proc/interrupts' to
check the cpu affinity and if everything is done on cpu0 try a 'echo
"3" > /proc/irq/<some irq number from the other command>/smp_affinity'
and afterwards check if the smp_affinity now really has '3' as
content.