Re: [Xen-users] Installer hanging HVM Solaris 11 or OpenIndiana 151a

David Erickson wrote:
> Thanks for the pointers Roger, the main reason is because I need to do
> PCI pass thru of my SAS HBA and it isn't clear to me that Solaris has
> the appropriate support for pass through with PV drivers.

I've successfully created a Solaris 11 HVM using the following config file:

builder='hvm'
memory = 2048
vcpus=2
name = "solaris"
vif = ['bridge=br0, type=ioemu']
disk = [
        'file:/root/solaris.img,ioemu:hda,w',
        'file:/root/sol-11-1111-text-x86.iso,ioemu:hdc:cdrom,r'
        ]
boot="d"
vnc=1
vnclisten="0.0.0.0"
vncdisplay=1

I'm using xen-unstable, but I think there haven't been any changes that
could affect Solaris as a HVM. I haven't tried to perform any
PCI-passthrough. Both Solaris and the installer take some time to boot
up, and the installer seems to be frozen for some time (like 1-2min) on
"Probing for device nodes ...", but it eventually succeeds.