Re: [Xen-users] any opensource controllers to recommand?

I have also been looking for a good opensource controller so I was interested in this thread.  Is there a binary version for Centos 5/6 available.  The link I followed just provided source code and instructions for building within the eclipse IDE.

Thanks,

Jon

From: Joseph Glanville [mailto:joseph.glanville@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 03 August 2012 01:08
To: David Erickson
Cc: yue wang; xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] any opensource controllers to recommand?

On 2 August 2012 10:39, David Erickson <halcyon1981@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am biased as the author of Beacon (http://www.beaconcontroller.net/), but I have been using it with a cluster of 80 XenServer machines running OVS, interconnected by physical OpenFlow switches for over a year.

I'll second Beacon as a good choice. Great performance and probably the most featureful of the open-source controllers.

If you want to get hacking on stuff really fast then there is NOX which though not as tanky as Beacon lets you write extensions in Python, which is imo a big plus.

There is also this project which I am yet to try out but it looks interesting:

It seems to be the remnants of the NEC Helios controller. (which to my knowledge was never available anywhere).