[Xen-users] Windows 7 network problems with GPLPV drivers

Hi there,

I'm running a Windows 7 HVM with 4 passthrough'd devices and signed
GPLPV drivers on a Debian Wheezy dom0 with kernel 3.4 from
experimental. And it's almost fine.

Everything works, secondary AMD graphics card, sound card, USB
controller. The only trouble I have is with the network.

In general, it's working: internet access is capped at 100Mbps (ISP),
tested with my ISP's flash speedtest; "localhost" traffic is capped by
the limitations of my HDD reading and/or SSD writing (perhaps it's
some other limitation, but at that speed I don't care). I have copied
> 2GB with 100MB/s over samba. No problem there.

However, I cannot watch f.e. Youtube videos. As soon as a video is
played, there is an (almost) complete network outage in Windows. The
video plays for a few seconds, gets stuck for a number of seconds, the
network recovers and the procedure repeats.

The same happens when starting a video from a samba share (the same
that I copied with 100MB/s) and when the game TERA is running.

I started tcpdump on the vif while TERA was running and I tried to
open a website. I could see ARP requests (for my router/dns) leave the
interface and I could see the response. However, the request was
repeated over and over again as if Windows couldn't get the response.
The second I quit TERA, the network was accessible again.

There were no new lines in /var/log/xen/*.log. Any idea what happened
and how I can fix it? Find more detailed information below.

Cheers,
Volker

Xen: xen-hypervisor-4.1-amd64 (4.1.3~rc1+hg-20120614.a9c0a89c08f2-4),
xm toolstack
dom0: Debian Wheezy with linux-image-3.4-trunk-amd64
(3.4.4-1~experimental.1)
domU: Windows 7 with current updates and signed GPLPV
(gplpv_Vista2008x64_signed_0.11.0.356.msi) drivers; network interface
is a "Xen Net Device Driver"

vm.cfg:
name = 'qetesh'
builder = 'hvm'
memory = 8192
vcpus = 4
vif = ['mac=02:16:3e:c8:29:36']
disk = ['phy:/dev/vg00/qetesh,hda,w']
usbdevice = 'tablet'
# USB controller, AMD HD Radeon 7970, Radeon HDMI Audio, Asus Xonar DX
pci = ['0000:00:1d.0','0000:01:00.0','0000:01:00.1','0000:04:04.0']
localtime = 1
vnc = 1