Re: [Xen-users] pci passthrough with multiple devices

On Fri, 2012-08-10 at 18:03 +0100, Gabor Hudiczius wrote:
> > thanks, it works perfectly with the latest 4.2 (4.2.0-rc2-pre)
>
> Hi,
>
> well, it's not quite perfect...
>
> When i try to set a maxmem value different from the memory value, the
> guest doesn't start

I think this is probably/likely a kernel issue (so I've CC'd Konrad)
Setting "host_e820=1" in the guest cfg might help, but I've a feeling it
happens automagically if you specify "pci = " so perhaps not.

You might need swiotlb=force too, Konrad can probably best advise.

I'd be useful to see the actual kernel logs from both the success and
failure case. I set "XENCONSOLED_TRACE=guest"
in /etc/{sysconfig,default}/xencommon (which one you have depends on
distro) and mkdir /var/log/xen/console, after restarting xenconsoled you
should get a log file for each guest.