Re: [Xen-users] compiling an old XEN version

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 6:27 PM, maheen butt <maheen_butt26@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ________________________________

Then your questions should be to xen-devel. That is, assuming you
already have the basics knowledge and skill required to port a
software to a new architecture.

> I 'm using RHEL5.0, and install prebuild rpm packages provided by xen.org
> http://xen.org/download/dl_31rhel5.html

If you use RHEL5 (do NOT use 5.0. 5.8 is out already), then simply use
the included xen rpm. Do NOT download anything from xen.org. If you
want to modify something, download the SRPM, and do the modifications
there.

Seriously though, if your goal is to port it to MIPS, start with
xen-unstable from mercurial, using a new-enough dom0 (e.g. latest
fedora/rhel/whatever). Don't bother porting old version.

--
Fajar