Re: [Xen-users] Weird issue on heavy server

Alexandre,

I think I've run into this as well, on 4.1.2.  As far as I could tell, it was
an issue with the bridged ethernet shared by my dom-Us (at the time, all hvm).
Each domain had its own MAC address.  The domains could still communicate
amongst themselves internally on the Xen server, but nothing was being
forwarded between the bridge and the physical network.  A "service network
restart" on my Fedora 13 dom-0 (2.6.32.40 kernel) fixed the problem, but I
still have no idea why it did that in the first place.

I speculate that it might have had something to do with the allocation of
vif/tap devices and the fact that they don't seem to be properly recycled when
enough VMs are shut down and restarted on the system.  Or at least, they always
seem to increment as far as I can remember.

Andy
--
Sent from my iPhone appendage