Re: [Xen-users] pvhvm on debian

On Fri, 2012-08-24 at 16:43 +0100, chris wrote:
> hello,
>

> I know this not quite a xen problem but im sure a fair number of
> people are using debian for their dom0 and maybe have some insight
> into this.
>

> I have a large number of dom0's running squeeze and for a long time i
> was hoping for pvhvm to make into the official debian xen packages and
> recently during some periodic updates I noticed pvhvm working after a
> kernel package update.

You mean a dom0 kernel package update? As opposed to guest I mean.

What versions of xen+kernel do you have in dom0? and which kernel in the
guest? (Knowing the working/non-working version of whichever one changed
when the breakage occurred would be useful too)

I've just done a squeeze domU install on a wheezy dom0 which was freshly
installed this morning and pvhvm appears to be working ok.

Are you able to capture a guest console log, there may be some hints in
there.
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs_against_Xen#Guest_console_logs
together with serial='pty' in your guest config and
config=ttyS0,115200n8 on your guest command line might help.

What do your guest configurations look like?