Re: [Xen-users] Fw: compiling an old XEN version

Please arrange for your mailer to quote properly (with > or similar) it
is very hard to find your text in among mine.

On Wed, 2012-08-29 at 07:42 +0100, maheen butt wrote:
> I'm saying so as Debian squeeze is using 2.6.32 kernel (pv_ops support is
> included from
> 2.6.23) and it is told on http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Dom0_Kernels_for_Xen that
> Xen >= 4.0 is required.
> there is link between kernel version and Xen version. am I right?

This requirement is an implementation detail of pvops on x86 (which
happens to require a specific new-ish hypercall), it is not a
fundamental property of the Xen architecture.

Since you would be starting afresh with a MIPS port it doesn't apply.

Even if there were a link the right thing to do would *still* be to
target both the newest kernel and hypervisor. There is no reason at all
to be starting a brand new project using such an old baseline.

Ian.