Re: [Xen-users] Dom0 crashed when rebooting whilst DomU are running

Could you not top post please, it makes it rather hard to follow the
flow of the conversation.
On Mon, 2012-09-03 at 18:10 +0100, Casey DeLorme wrote:
> As stated, you can alias shutdown to do exactly what you need, it can
> be as simple as a series of hard-coded operations to a complex custom
> shell script that parses your domains and closes each with feedback.

Xen ships the "xendomains" initscript which can halt guest on shutdown
as well as automatically start specific guests on boot. It can also be
configured to suspend/resume them or (I think) migrate them away.

For diagnosing the crash itself more details will be required than were
provided in the original post. Please see
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs_against_Xen for some guidance.
At a minimum we would need a capture (serial console or photo) of the
crash backtrace.

Ian.