Re: [Xen-users] How are you measuring CPU usage?

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Andy Smith <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 20:51:25 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 20:52:24 +0000

Hi Peter,

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 12:04:43PM -0700, Peter Phaal wrote:
> You might want to take a look at installing Host sFlow agents on your
> hypervisors. The agent is extremely lightweight, directly accesses
> statistics using libxenstat and exports them using the sFlow protocol
> (XDR/UDP) to a remote collector.
> http://host-sflow.sourceforge.net/

Interesting, thanks.

I'm probably not interested in replacing *all* of my stats with
this right now, but it looks like libxenstat and this may be a good
start if I want to do higher-frequency stats gathering for my own
purposes.

> Are you using the Open vSwitch? It also includes sFlow support and can
> give you a better handle on network performance:
> http://openvswitch.org/

Not yet, but that is good to know, thanks.

Cheers,
Andy