Re: [Xen-users] Setting up XEN domU causes RAID5 to fail?

When I tried to upgrade my xen systems to a pvops xen/linux combo, I
found that high disk I/O would cause disk errors and caused disks to
be thrown out of the raid and all sorts of other badness. High of
course, is a relative term. For one of my boxes, copying a large file
was enough, on another, it needed something like running backups on
several VMs simultaneously or trying to start my VM's while rebuilding
the raid.

FWIW, I went back to Xen 3.4.4 and the SLES1 xenlinux kernel and
they've been rock solid.

On 09/16/2012 09:52 PM, Marc Tousignant wrote:
> No messages in dmesg or on the console, though to be fair, the
> root partition is "broken" at that point and can't write to any
> files. I just tested again to be sure, this time I cant even cat
> the logs.
>
> -----Original Message----- From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

- --
Tony Lill, OCT,                    Tony.Lill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
President, A. J. Lill Consultants                 (519) 650 0660
539 Grand Valley Dr., Cambridge, Ont. N3H 2S2     (519) 241 2461
- --------------- http://www.ajlc.waterloo.on.ca/ ----------------