Re: [Xen-users] Poor Windows 2003 + GPLPV performance compared to VMWare

On 17/09/12 18:54, Ian Campbell wrote:
>>> I don't really understand this question.... is there a simple method to
>>> check? It is a AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T Processor on a reasonable
>>> desktop motherboard, nothing fancy....
> I don't have a NUMA system to hand, but on my non-NUMA system I see in
> the logs:
> (XEN) No NUMA configuration found
>
> You should see that or something more informative.
"xm dmesg|grep -i numa" produces no output, so again, I still have no
definitive answer to this.

Actually, got it... :
dmesg|grep -i numa
[    0.000000] Scanning NUMA topology in Northbridge 24
[    0.000000] No NUMA configuration found

That is not xen, that is the normal kernel... or perhaps xen has hidden
the numa config from linux... I'm really not sure...
> Also at least in 4.2 "xl info -n" gives some details. Not sure if xm has
> the same option?
This is getting better.
xm info -n
numa_info              : none

Amongst lots of other interesting information.

So, seems pretty definitive that there is no numa support here.

Is this still relevant to the diagnosis of very slow windows domu?

Thanks for your help and patience.

Regards,
Adam

--