Re: [Xen-users] VM move/copy/export

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Zary Matej <matej.zary@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 21:21:20 +0200
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 19:22:51 +0000

Hi there,

first, it seems you're running Citrix XenServer so better place to ask this
kind of question is on their official forums at
http://forums.citrix.com/category.jspa?categoryID=101

It seems like you don't have shared storage in your pool - shared storage could
be iSCSI volume, NFS export, of FC volume - visible to all members of your
XenServer pool. When you are using local storage for your VMs, you cannot
migrate them in current version of XenServer (it should be possible in upcoming
new versions of XenServer IIRC). You can relocate VM from local storage to
another host using VM Export function after shutting it down and then import
the VM on the another host. In case of using ext local storage (not LVM), you
can copy virtual disks with scp between hosts and then attach them to new VM on
the other host (after renaming the copied file with new UUID and SR rescan).

Cheers

Matej