Re: [Xen-users] Success VGA passthrough on windows 7 x64 with Xen 4.2.1-pre

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Mikhail I. Izmestev" <izmmishao5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 17:15:18 +0400
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 13:16:24 +0000

Hi,

27.09.2012 15:03, Dariusz Krempa wrote:
I'm glad i can report that today i have 100% success with VGA
passthrough on windows 7 64-bit. That nasty yellow triangle with error
43 disappeared and my GTX560 has 7.8 points in aero index, also Gpu-z
and Cpu-z see vga card properly and unigine heaven benchmark have no
problem with it.
Now i have to figure which particular option let me to do this. Most
likely it was turned off msi_translate in DomU config, but i will make
more test and i will share with full information today later. Cause
i'm newbie with Xen and linux if there is some particular information
i can share with, then please tell me and i will try to do that.

http://tinypic.com/r/33djtwz/6

One day before I have tried to do this without luck.

My configuration:
MB: GA-Z77X-D3H with latest bios (F15)
CPU: core i5-2400
two GPU GTX560 on 16x and 8x pcie ports (both works on 8x when two used).

DomU: win7 x64 pro

I have tried to do this with XCP 1.5b and XenServer 6.0 Free trial.

There is dmesg for host:
[root@xenserver-render ~]# xe host-dmesg | grep -i virtualisation
(XEN) I/O virtualisation enabled
(XEN)  - APIC MMIO access virtualisation

I just have "nasty yellow triangle with error 43" :)

So I'm interested in your experience and solution.

Mikhail.