Re: [Xen-users] sparse to no sparse

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 11:04:51 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 16:05:53 +0000

Hi.

El 26/09/12 17:43, Paras pradhan escribió:
I have an old Xen para virt vm which I created using sparse file. Is
there any way to convert this vm image to non-sparse without shutting
down the vm?.

I do not know the goal of doing such thing, so this maybe will work for for you, or maybe not.

You can try do this form within the VM, of course without shutting it down. Make it to fill with garbage (or zeros, or whatever) the unallocated space of it's FS. This way, you will force the undrlaying sparse image file to occupy it's full length.

"wipe unallocated space" are your keywords.

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov