Re: [Xen-users] "Boot loader did not return any data" to make HVM to PV

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 6:27 AM, Flako <subforos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Normally use tap: qcow2 by the reduction of disk space, is slower than
> raw but for basic use of linux root I think is acceptable.
> For intensive use (database or file server) use disk phy+lvm
> Bad idea to combine qcow2 phy and the way I'm doing? which option
> would be better?

Hehehe. I gave up on trying to make qcow2 (or vhd) work a long time
ago, due to the fact that there always seem to be some missing bits
that prevent them from working the way I want to.

That's why I just stick with zfsonlinux :D

With that:
- you can use a sparse zvol with snapshot/clone to get pretty much all
the benefits of qcow2
- you can still use phy: with zvol.
- you can get compression on the lower storage layer

Another alternative would be to use sparse files on btrfs. It doesn't
have emulated volumes (so you need tap: with sparse files), but other
than that (from xen's perspective) it's pretty much similar to ZoL.

--
Fajar