Re: [Xen-users] how to save xm dmesg into a file

On Sat, 2012-10-27 at 13:36 -0400, Wei Kuang wrote:
> Hi,all,
> the dmesg have a ring buffer size that is only 16k, so when overflows,
> some of the printk() messages get lost. SO could someone please give
> me a solution how to save all log message to a file. I don't have
> serial port and cannot use that method to save log on another machine.
> Thanks!

Check out /etc/{sysconfig,default}/xencommons where you can set
XENCONSOLED_TRACE="hv" which will cause xenconsoled to log hypervisor
log message to somewhere under /var/log/xen/ (possibly under
console/...)

You can also log PV guest consoles (="guest") or both (="all").

Ian.