Re: [Xen-users] How to change VM from para-virtualization to full-virtualization?

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 10:22:40 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 16:24:01 +0000

El 12/11/12 03:52, Jing Chen escribió:
My DomU can not start up since it "Could not find /dev/vg69/root".
Your "/" resides over a LVM volume. As far as there is no support for LVM in your running kernel, it will not find your "/" filesystem, just the way it happens now.

When it ask "Want me fo fall back to /dev/hdb2?". I input Y and the result is
it can not find /dev/hdb2. Why?
It's not "/" what resides over /dev/hdb2, but "/boot". So, even if it fall to /dev/hdb2, it does not find there things it needs.

I do not know which previous email you refer to. Can you send it again to me?
The one from 2012-11-08, I'm sure you have overlooked it. In any case, I have sent it once again, to you directly.

BTW. I am not sure if Grub is installed correctly in my PV DomU?
Can you give me instruction how to check whether grub is installed or not?
Since your system actually attempts to boot, I see no way how would that happen without a boot loader. Judging by your screenshots, it is installed correctly within your DomU.

From the email you to jerry, you said PV DomU has no grub installed.
That is correct. In PV mode, the boot loader task is performed outside of the virtual machine. When moving to HVM, a boot loader within VM is needed.

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov