Re: [Xen-users] dynamic memory extension not working on Debian Squeeze

On Thu, 2012-11-15 at 00:17 +0000, Peter Viskup wrote:
> Hi Ian and Alexander,
> it's good to hear I am not the onlyone experienced this issue.
> The removal of tdb file solved the xenstore issue.

Great!

> Now I am able to provide you the outputs you requested. They are very
> similar to those provided by Alexander.
>
> server1:~# xenstore-ls -fp | grep ldap

When I asked for "xenstore-ls -fp | grep target" I meant the literal
string "target" not the name of the target VM, sorry if this wasn't
clear!

> I just increased the memory for ldap domU to 512MB:
> ldap:~# grep MemTotal /proc/meminfo
> MemTotal:         250320 kB
> ldap:~# cat /sys/devices/system/xen_memory/xen_memory0/target_kb
> 262144

OOI what happens if you
        echo -n 524288 > /sys/devices/system/xen_memory/xen_memory0/target_kb
?

Do you get anything in your dom0 or domU dmesg when you try and balloon
up in this way? What about Xen's dmesg?

Actually, it would be useful to see the full domU dmesg at least.

Ian.