[Xen-users] Finding real cpuinfo and meminfo

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Jeff C <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 13:02:21 -0500 (EST)
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 18:03:52 +0000

I have to collect cpuinfo and meminfo from hundreds of machines in preparation
of updating our inventory and Xen version. Since we pin cpu and ram for dom0,
this mangles the info. Is there way to get the real information? I know that xm
top will give me the true RAM, but I need a non-interactive method.

Specifically, I need the following real, unobfuscated/hidden info:

Total RAM
Processor (from cpuinfo) or anything else that can give me a true count of
vCPUs.
CPU MHz (from cpuinfo)
model name (from cpuinfo)
flags (from cpuinfo)

I realize that CPU MHz and model name are still there and usable as is, I just
listed them for completeness sake.