Re: [Xen-users] WARNING:root:Unknown image directive recordfail

http://www.magicspace.eu/linux/fix-pygrub-booting-of-debian-squeeze/ --> I already change this one and I got the following output from pygrub:

@server02:/$ sudo /usr/bin/pygrub /dev/VolGroup00/VM01
Using <class 'grub.GrubConf.
Grub2ConfigFile'> to parse /grub/grub.cfg
WARNING:root:Unknown directive load_video
WARNING:root:Unknown directive terminal_output
WARNING:root:Unknown directive else
WARNING:root:Unknown directive else
WARNING:root:Unknown directive else
WARNING:root:Unknown directive else
WARNING:root:Unknown directive else
WARNING:root:Unknown directive export
WARNING:root:Unknown image directive recordfail
WARNING:root:Unknown image directive gfxmode
WARNING:root:Unknown image directive recordfail
WARNING:root:Unknown image directive linux16
WARNING:root:Unknown image directive linux16
WARNING:root:Unknown directive else
WARNING:root:Unknown directive else
WARNING:root:Unknown directive source
linux (kernel /var/run/xend/boot/boot_kernel.oWMMn4)(ramdisk /var/run/xend/boot/boot_ramdisk.OrM_CD)(args "root=/dev/mapper/nagios01-root ro console=hvc0  quiet splash $vt_handoff ")

http://www.virtualzone.de/2012/06/ubuntu-vm-not-starting-on-xenserver.html --> in my xen installation I dont have the command referenced in the blog:
xe-edit-bootloader -n your_vm_name -p 1

Additionally, I would like to make two observation on the configuration you posted.

If you use "bootloader = /usr/bin/pygrub", it's better to comment out "kernel" and "ramdisk" directives. The .cfg file parser will surely find it's way, but it might be confusing to human eyes and easer to make mistakes. --> what do you mean with "The .cfg file parser will surely find it's way"? Can you please explain?

Maybe you wish to reconsider your disk partitioning schema. Since you are already use LVM, there shall be no need for extended partition. A usable setup is to put /boot on a partition, and send everything else to LVM, which is great for making changes and doing snapshot-based backups. Of course it's not mandatory, just a more flexible way to do things. Definitely this has nothing to do with the initial problem you are facing. --> Agree, this is the first time I am using Xen and the virtualization world is new for me, This is a test environment and I wanted to have asap the VM running, thats why I used the LVM default option on the installation menu. But I will follow your recommendation in further installations.

Regards,
Christian

A quick googling for "pygrub WARNING:root:Unknown directive" suggests that pygrub is confused by Grub2 config file format, particularly submenus. Have you already checked that?

[...]

Greetings.

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov