Re: [Xen-users] Xen Cold Migration doesn't work

Hi Ian,

thanks for the answer. I tryed with other two machines with same processors and it worked very well.

Best Regards,
Felipe

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 6:04 AM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
NB, simply reposting after 24 hours without adding any new information
to your question is not often that helpful.

On Wed, 2012-11-28 at 21:46 +0000, Felipe Gutierrez wrote:

> I am trying to do a Cold Migration with Xen, Ubuntu 12.04 and virtual
> machines with Ubuntu 10.04.

What versions of Xen and kernel (dom0 and domU) does this imply?

> disk = ['phy:/dev/vg_datastore/lv_datastore,xvda,w']

How is this device made available to both hosts? Is it LVM on ISCSI or
something?

> root@cloud9:/etc/xen # xm save ubuntu ubuntu.chk
> root@cloud9:/etc/xen# scp ubuntu.cfg cloud3:/etc/xen/

I presume you mean scp ubuntu.chk?

> And at the secundary node I have to restore:
> root@cloud3:/etc/xen# xm restore ubuntu.chk
> root@cloud3:/etc/xen# xm list
> Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State
> Time(s)
> Domain-0                                     0  3310     4     r-----
> 136.3
> ubuntu                                       6   256     1     r-----
> 3.8
>
> But I can't start the console:

Yes, you can, but the kernel has crashed.

> root@cloud3:/etc/xen# xm console ubuntu
> init: rsyslog main process (341) killed by ILL signal

Your init process has been killed by an illegal instruction error.

Are the processors on both hosts the same?

It might be useful to setup console logging for guests as described in
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs_against_Xen#Guest_console_logs
in order to capture the full report of what happened. It would also be
useful to add "debug" to your domU command line and remove and existing
"quiet" lines.

Did you check the xen dmesg log?