Re: [Xen-users] XCP 1.5 beta to 1.6 rolling update

Hi,

To upgrade your pool without the online way:

1. Live migrate the VM from the master host of the pool to the other hosts you have in your pool.
2. Reboot the master host and boot on the xcp 1.6 iso
3. Proceed with the upgrade of the master
4. When the master is back online, evacuate the VM from a slave host of your choice
5. Reboot the slave and boot on the xcp 1.6 iso
6.  Proceed with the upgrade of the slave
7. When the slave is back online, repeat steps 4 to 7 with the remaining slaves.

Note that the pool stay in a "upgrade in progress" state until you've upgraded all the hosts. This mean there are some actions you can't do on the pool while it's being upgraded, like adding new SR to the pool, etc. But it's not really a problem.

Cheers,
Sébastien