Re: [Xen-users] Problem booting a restored PVM

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 11:38 AM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-12-11 at 16:30 +0000, Terry Phelps wrote:
>> I am trying to develop a procedure for backup and restore of a Xen
>> PVM. I am having a problem with booting the restored machine. I'll
>> tell you the symptom, and then what I'm doing to get to that symptom.
>>
>> When I boot the VM, it panics with a message that says:
>>
>> "According to mtab, /dev/xvda2 is already mounted on /sysroot"
>
> On the face of it this doesn't look especially like a Xen specific
> issue, google comes up with a bunch of instances of people having this
> sort of problem without Xen. Probably your best bet is OVM support.

I'm not alleging that Xen is the problem. I posted this on the Xen
list mainly to determine whether there might be some other step that I
need to do, so that my disk would boot properly under Xen.

And yes, I've googled a bit on this problem, but I still can't figure
out why the kernel is panicking.

> One thing I did spot on google was make sure your root= is the UUID of
> the / not the /boot filesystem.

I did check that. It's definitely pointing to the right partition.

I'll keep looking at it.