Re: [Xen-users] Installing nas4free as a domU domain in Xen

Hi Tobias,

What issue are you having with your installation of NAT4free as domU?

Although not a top priority for me, installing NAT4free as a virtual machine has been on my to-do list for some time.  So after having read your post, I figured I'd give it a quick go on my system.

The good new is that I was able to get NAT4free installed on my system as a domU with almost no effort.  The bad news is that I have no idea how to get the networking configured for the guest, but that's another topic...

As for getting NAT4free installed, I was successful on a system running the following:
Ubuntu 13.04 Desktop as dom0; Xen 4.2 (which can be installed directly from the Ubuntu 13.04 repositories);  and Virtual Machine Manager 0.9.4 (VMM or virt-manager) for installing/managing the guests.

I installed NAT4free using NAS4Free-x64-LiveCD-9.1.0.1.573.iso.  VMM doesn't have a template for FeeBSD 9.1, but its template for FreeBSD 8 (found among the Unix templates) seems to work just fine.

My guess is that my setup (with a graphical desktop for dom0) isn't much like your preferred setup.  But maybe trying a setup like the above would help you in figuring out what's going wrong on your preferred setup.

If you haven't installed VMM on Ubuntu before, be forewarned that it doesn't work out-of-the box, but instead needs some tweaking.  If interested, write back and I'll try my best to recall what tweaks were needed.

Regards,
GizmoChicken