Re: [Xen-users] Is it possible to do a dual-boot?

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 11:24:19 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 17:25:40 +0000

Hello.

El 29/12/12 05:10, Flako escribió:
2012/12/27 Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:alk@xxxxxxxxxx>>
    - Use nested visualization. As example, Xen hypervisor works great
    under VirtualBox, as far as you don't try to run HVM guests.

Alexandre, can explain a little better what VirtualBox + Xen
 From what I read, I understand that you can run the Dom0 within a VBox
VM, then run multiple Dumu within VBox VM,
This is so? (if that is new for me .. :))
Yes, it is pretty straight, just as you describe it.
The VM within VirtualBox, running Xen hypervisor, will need plenty of RAM to assign it to DmUs, and only paravirtualization will be available for them, no full virtualization.

Greetings.