Re: [Xen-users] xend under 4.2.1/wheezy

On Wed, 2012-12-26 at 19:35 +0000, Walter Robert Ditzler wrote:
> hi,
>
> i installed xen 4.2.1 under wheezy, all perfect working except:
>
> quiet often i get a libxl errors for example:
>
> root@srv-ldeb-xen001:/etc/drbd.d# xl -f mem-set 0 8196M
> libxl: error: libxl.c:3405:libxl_set_memory_target: cannot get memory info
> from /local/domain/0/memory/static-max
> : No such file or directory
>
> root@srv-ldeb-xen001:/etc/drbd.d# /etc/init.d/xend stop
> root@srv-ldeb-xen001:/etc/drbd.d# xl -f mem-set 0 8196M
> libxl: error: libxl.c:3405:libxl_set_memory_target: cannot get memory info
> from /local/domain/0/memory/static-max
> : No such file or directory
>
> in some cases, when i stop xend, the error stops. do we still need xend/xm
> stack or is it only a relict?

xend is deprecated and cannot be mixed with xl. Without the -f flag
which you pass you would have seen this message:
        "xend is running, which may cause unpredictable results when using\n"
        "this xl command.  Please shut down xend before continuing.\n\n"
        "(This check can be overridden with the -f option.)\n"

> if no can I delet those lines from my setup?
>
> ***
> update-rc.d xencommons defaults
> update-rc.d xend defaults

You can drop the xend one, but not xencommons.

> update-rc.d xendomains defaults
> update-rc.d xen-watchdog defaults

The are optional depending on whether you want/need the features they
provide.

Ian.