Re: [Xen-users] [Xen-devel] 1000 Domains: Not able to access Domu via xm console from Dom0

Ian Campbell writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] 1000 Domains: Not able to
access Domu via xm console from Dom0"):
> Using some reasonably widespread library to abstract away the
> differences between Linux and *BSD here seems like a better idea than
> rolling our own. I don't know enough about it to say if libevent fits
> the bill or not.

I don't see why we wouldn't just change the code to use poll() right
away.  poll is available everywhere and works in (roughly) the same
way.  It will fix the specific bug here.

poll's downside compared to nonportable approaches is that if you have
many hundreds or thousands of fds it can be less efficient.  I think
we can deal with the efficiency problem later.  As Ian writes, it
might be better to fork instead.

Ian.