Re: [Xen-users] Xendomains always broken for me, nobody else?

On Mon, 2013-01-07 at 12:42 +0000, Ian Murray wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> Everytime I upgrade to a new version of Xen (just did 4.2.1 this
> weekend) I find the xendomains script completely unusable. I use xl
> exclusively and the behaviour is slightly different to what the script
> appears to be expecting.
>

> Am I the only one that has this problem? I have an Ubuntu 12.04 based
> Xen server and a Scientific Linux 6.3 based server and both suffer the
> same problem.

We've certainly had some reports of it working but I expect those people
are using the mode where it shutsdown and restarts domains rather than
suspends so perhaps not so many people notice the suspend mode is
broken.

> I am no bash guru, so apologies if there are better/cleaner ways. I
> did submit it as a patch on the devel list but it got ignored plus I
> have no idea if it works for xm or not.

Please can you resubmit this patch to xen-devel according to
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Submitting_Xen_Patches (in particular this one
is missing a S-o-b and is whitespace damaged)

Apologies for this having fallen through the cracks last time, it's fine
to ping when a patch goes unremarked upon (the wiki recommends after 2
weeks or so).

Thanks,
Ian.