Re: [Xen-users] Xendomains always broken for me, nobody else?

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Ian Murray <murrayie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 10:32:37 +0000 (GMT)
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 10:33:33 +0000
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.co.uk; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=R3jfAUx4uSpr47cR3EuY5nDwCXCoO7Ms+QIFzQN94rBaG8cDm039h+zB68HrtjPazPLpJFiMmmLK49dCItfJbUXMYdZuMEn9UzJ3JdowS0T6fvts2qn2JZXDTk711BTlnHY/XBwVVTJfCo3yYC3XT3GeoO/kEvCWuWZf02AbRkM=;

> We've certainly had some reports of it working but I expect those people
> are using the mode where it shutsdown and restarts domains rather than
> suspends so perhaps not so many people notice the suspend mode is
> broken.

Thanks for responding.

I've never really tried in anything but the default mode. The behaviour I got
was suspend domains, but then not wake them properly. It seems like xm and xl
have different header strings, which is reflected in the patch.

> Please can you resubmit this patch to xen-devel according to
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Submitting_Xen_Patches (in particular this one
> is missing a S-o-b and is whitespace damaged)

I will do, although I must stress that I haven't tested it against xm and I
know it works okay in my environment but I could be missing something.

> Apologies for this having fallen through the cracks last time, it's fine
> to ping when a patch goes unremarked upon (the wiki recommends after 2
> weeks or so).

No worries, I will try again.

Thanks again,

Ian.