Re: [Xen-users] Xen Domains disappear after reboot, destroy, shutdown, etc

On Thu, 2013-01-10 at 17:18 +0000, Julian wrote:

> I'm really new with Xen, I have installed xen-4.1 on a computer
> running Ubuntu 12.04.1LTS, I've setup my Dom0 but when I reboot
> (shutdownm destroy) a DomU this dissapear from the list, my toolstack
> is XL. I know if I put my .cfg files inside /etc/xen dir the machines
> are avalaible when  boot my host but when shutdown they dissapears

This is normal behaviour with xl, domains do not persist when they are
not running. The disk state etc will (unless you delete it or something)
You can restart them by simply using xl create on the same config file
again.

If you want domains to persist while they are not running then you need
to use a toolstack which supports "managed domains". The two main
choices there are the xapi toolstack (part of XCP, also available in
Debian & Ubuntu) or libvirt. (The old xend toolstack also supports this
mode, but is deprecated so I wouldn't recommend using it for new
deployments).

Ian.