Re: [Xen-users] Intellicache configuration on XCP 1.6

Âhttp://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/xen/api/222578#222578

> The VHD chain length has to be exactly two. ÂMaking templates and using them
has worked around my problem.

> After doing these and booting the VM with the caching VDI, I've added the
Intellicache counters to the Performance tab and they never move off of zero.
I've also looked in /var/run/sr-mount/<local sr guid> and there are no files in
there.

> Any ideas? ÂI'm enjoying the flexibility of the command line, but there's not
a 'checklist' or anything like that for setting up Intellicache so any help here
would be appreciated.

I am asking for help, because it seems to me very very difficult to use
intellicache.
After enabling an ssd to use as cache do I really:

- need to make a snapshot of each vm, then a template, then recreate vm from the
template?
- use xe to set cacheable=true on vdi?

I also am not able to add intellicache counters to performance tab.

Thanks,
Mario