Re: [Xen-users] Xen Domains disappear after reboot, destroy, shutdown, etc

On 01/11/2013 11:59 AM, Ian Murray wrote:

>> I'm really new with Xen, I have installed xen-4.1 on a computer running
>> Ubuntu 12.04.1LTS, I've setup my Dom0 but when I reboot (shutdownm destroy)
>> a DomU this dissapear from the list, my toolstack is XL. I know if I put my
>> .cfg files inside /etc/xen dir the machines are avalaible when  boot my host
>> but when shutdown they dissapears
>>

> In fact, what behaviour are you expecting/desiring?

I have the same problem, that (PV) domains don't reboot. As a workaround
I do an xl create after a shutdown.
What I *don't* expect is this in the log:

root@xen03:/var/log/xen# cat xl-drupal.log
Waiting for domain drupal (domid 6) to die [pid 8112]
Domain 6 is dead
Action for shutdown reason code 1 is restart
Domain 6 needs to be cleaned up: destroying the domain
Done. Rebooting now
failed to run bootloader: -3

In xend.log I get:
[2013-01-14 12:44:02 1746] ERROR (XendDomainInfo:2195) VM drupal
restarting too fast (Elapsed time: 22.113466 seconds). Refusing to
restart to avoid loops.

So there seems to be a problem with pygrub (which I'm using for pv
domains). It works fine with xl create, but not with xl restart (or
rebooting from within the vm).

Btw, this is Ubuntu 12.04 LTS on the dom0 and pv domain using the xl
toolstack (obviously).

kind regards, Mark