Re: [Xen-users] iscsi

Hi,

"jacek burghardt" <jaceksburghardt@xxxxxxxxx> írta 2013-01-16 08:29-kor:
> I setup new dell server and I have created iscsi. Is there how to on
> using iscsi for boot drives under xen 4.2. I use mostly lvm

I think what you are looking for, is some collection of best practices.
Suggestions:
* forget lvm -> use one lun for one disk, if you have too many disk, try to
  group your disks, and create several target
* if U use some modern linux as dom0, than udev gave constant name to your
  iscsi disks, so your vm's config could be look like this:

disk=['phy:/dev/disk/by-path/ip-10.10.1.1:3260-iscsi-iqn.1986-03.com.sun:02:test-lun-0,xvda,w',
        ... ]
* if you use multipath, than the whole constant naming could depend on your
  multipath.conf, so success story again
* care about your service dependency, so your iscsi-initiator should start
  before your domUs (or with multipath: iscsi << multipath << domUs )

That's all folks!

Sincerely,
Pásztor György