Re: [Xen-users] How to use libvirt with XL

Hi,
2013/1/18 Philipp Hahn <hahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hello,
>
> On Friday 18 January 2013 09:35:13 Florian Heigl wrote:
>> I'm using Alpine Linux 2.5.0 with Xen 4.2.0 and Libvirt 1.0.0
>> I'm using the xl toolstack.

> AFAIK libvirt-1.0 used the "technology preview" version of xl as provided by
> xen-4.1, which is not compatible with the version now provided by xen-4.2.
>
> Either upgrade to the development version of libvirt, or downgrade Xen, or use
> Xend.
... "and thats why we can't have nice things"
I'll try to get help with bumping up the libvirt package in Alpine.

Thanks Philip.

--
the purpose of libvirt is to provide an abstraction layer hiding all xen features added since 2006 until they were finally understood and copied by the kvm devs.