Re: [Xen-users] Windows Guest clock differences

I use timesynctool.com works great and very light and automated

On Jan 18, 2013 12:35 PM, "Casey DeLorme" <cdelorme@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I had the same problem with Windows 7 & Windows 8 on Xen 4.2.

Adding "localtime" to the DomU configuration did reduce the effect but did not eliminate it.  Without it the time would drift four hours in a day, with it the drift is down to between 30 minutes to an hour in a few days.  I decided to create a scheduled task to fix it instead, I recommend this:

Of course a Xen related solution would be nice too, but at least there is that option.

Hello all,

I have a problem with Windows guests. At the moment the clock of one Windows 7 guest for example have a difference of 8 minutes to the local time and it can be a difference of up to 1 hour. The hwclock is set to UTC and the Dom0 time is correct. I tried to use NTP and it worked so the time first was correct but began to build a difference after a few minutes.

My Setup is Xen 4.2.1 with Debian Squeeze (Linux 3.7.2) on top of it as Dom0. Does someone has an idea how I could fix this time differences?

Best Regards